Your cycling holiday starts in the Höhlenstein Valley of the Dolomites and the famous 'Three Peaks of Lavaredo' or the 'Tre Cime di Lavaredo' in Italian. They are three distinctive battlement-like peaks, in the Sexten Dolomites of north eastern Italy and probably one of the best-known mountain groups in the Alps.
Then onto the Olympic town of Cortina d’Ampezzo following the old railway track to Pieve di Cadore the birth place of Italian painter Titian. On your way to Conegliano you will cycle through many small Italian villages, before reaching the lowlands to follow the River Sile to your finally destination of Mestre on the Venetian mainland and entrance to the lagoon and the city of Venice.
This cycling tour to Venice is an easy tour. The first two days are mainly along the old Dolomites railway track. From the third day on-wards the tour encounters slight ascents and descents on quite side roads through idyllic landscape and typical Italian villages until reaching the plains on the last day.
This tour is suitable for children from the age of 16. You will stay in family owned comfortable 3 star accommodation, you can of course up-grade to a 4 star hotel or stay a little longer along the route. Every day your luggage will be moved, so all you have to do is enjoy the scenery, plan where to spot for lunch and have dinner that evening!
We do suggest, if you can, to spend a few days in Venice before you return home or start your next adventure!
Highlights and places of interest along the route
- Cycling along the old railway trails
- The Dolomites with views of the world famous 'Three Peaks'
- Cortina d’Ampezzo - the pearl of the Dolomites
- Pieve di Cadore - birth place of Titian
- Conegliano - the home of 'Prosecco'
- Treviso - city of fashion. Many Italian retailers have their headquarter here such a Benetton and Sisely
- Venice and the Venetian lagoon
- The best ice-cream in the world!
- Accommodation in 3*** hotels
- Luggage transfer from hotel to hotel
- Deatiled maps, route documantation, places to visit
- Telephone service hotline
- Travel to start and from finish point
- Holiday insurance
- Lunches and evening meals
- Return airport transfers
- Bike hire
- Tourist tax
- Up-grade to 4**** hotel
- Additional nights in Venice