La Belle Epoque is a spacious, luxurious hotel barge, designed with both elegance and passenger comfort in mind. She originally carried logs from Burgundy to Paris, now skilfully converted into a delightful hotel barge. The perfect vessel for cruising the Upper Burgundy Canal with its towpaths that are ideal for walking and cycling.
On offer is a sun deck with spa pool, wood-panelled saloon/dining room and sleeps up to 12 passangers.
Fully air-conditioned, spacious cabins and a choice of twin or double beds all have marble en suite facilities. The Captain leads a crew of six: master chef, ‘matelot’ (deck-hand/steward), tour guide and two housekeepers.
Classic cruise highlights
- Visit the Abbaye de Fontenay, a UNESCO World Heritage site
- Private wine tasting of Chablis wines in the cellars of a renowned Domaine
- Visit the village of Flavigny sur Ozerain, location of the film ‘Chocolat’
- Noyers-sur-Serein, one of the most beautiful villages in Burgundy
- Visit to famous battle site of Alesia
- Gastronomic dinner ashore
- Excellent towpath for walking and cycling
- Optional Hot Air Ballooning
- 7 nights hotel-barge accommodation sharing a twin/double room
- All dinners, breakfasts, lunches, wine with meals on board
- ‘Always-open’ inclusive bar
- To/from pick-up from designated hotel in Paris
- Excursions to places of interest
- Transport to/from to designated pick-up point
- Diner ashore on one night
- Staff gratuities