L’Art de Vivre was built in England started life as a Scottish lumber carrier, then during World War One it was a supply vessel for the Allied troops battling in the Somme. It has since been carefully transformed by skilled craftsmen into a floating luxury hotel barge celebrating the Burgundian “good life”.
This 8 passenger hotel barge is very in traditional in style, with original wood and brass features that emphasis her heritage and create a warm inviting interior. The comfortable, compact cabins are air conditioned with en-suite facilties can either be a twin or double configuration depending your request.
Outside, there is a sun deck to relax on with a glass of wine as you glide through the pretty Burgundy countryside and a spa pool to soak in. You can explore the ever-present towpath on foot or on one of the barge’s 8 bicycles, before rejoining at one of the locks up ahead.
The air conditioned interior includes a comfortable saloon, dining room and an ‘always-open’ inclusive bar.
The crew of 4 comprises Captain, tour guide, master chef and housekeeper, all with a love for the Nivernais Canal and secure in the knowledge that their vessel represents “L’Art de Vivre” itself. The region simply oozes charm and the cruise is a journey back in time along a magical waterway.
Classic cruise highlights
- Explore enchanting Auxerre and its magnificent cathedral
- Private wine tasting of fine Chablis wines in a 12th century cellar
- Visit Chateau de Bazoches, home of Maréchal Vauban
- Tour Noyers, one of the most beautiful villages in Burgundy
- Visit picturesque Vézelay and its hilltop basilica
- Optional Hot Air Ballooning
- Excellent towpath for walking and cycling
- Diner ashore (not included in price) on one night
- 7 nights hotel-barge accommodation sharing a twin/double cabin
- All dinners, breakfasts, lunches on board
- ‘Always-open’ inclusive bar
- To/from pick-up from designated hotel in Paris
- Excursions to places of interest
- Transport to/from to designated pick-up point
- Diner ashore on one night
- Travel insurance
- Staff gratuities