This guided or self guided hut-to-hut walk takes in the 'best bits' of the 'Alta Via' and the majestic Dolomites.
The Dolomites striking pillared scenery remains unequalled anywhere else in the world and is listed as a UNESCO world heritage site. The culture, cuisine and language of the South Tyrol and Alta Badia is different to any other, a mix of Ladin (an ancient alpine language still surviving), German and Italian.
If you are a mountain walker and nature lover then the Dolomites will appeal to you; with its vast expanse of flower-filled alpine meadows and magnificent evergreen forests that clad the hillside beneath towering snow-capped peaks and mountain cascades. The lunar-like landscapes of the high mountains contrast with the picturesque farmsteads and churches of the valleys and plateau. This guided or self-guided walk takes in the best of the 'Alta Via'.
- Bookings of all huts and hotels
- Half-board (breakfast + dinner)
- Detailed walking maps
- Briefing with guide on arrival day
- Guide for the duration of the trek tour (guided tour only)
- Non-alcoholic drinks during meals (guided tour only)
- Baggage transfers from hut to hut (guided tour only)
- Lunches in mountain huts (guided tour only)
- Return Venice Airport transfer (guided tour only)
- Travel insurance
- Note that some of the included items are only with the guided tour