It’s just between us – your data that is!
Your privacy is important to us. Here you can find useful information on how your data and details are protected when you supply them to us.
Your privacy is very important to us. We will never misuse or sell your data to anyone. We ensure that any data we hold is stored securely.
This policy is effective from 26th May 2018, but we may change this from time to time by updating this page on our website, so please visit here if you ever wish to check that you are still happy with our policy.
Data security is of the utmost importance to us and we are committed to ensuring that any information we collect from you is secure. To prevent any unauthorized access or disclosure, we have put in place physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect on- and off-line.
What information do we collect?
Information that you provide us when using our website, completing a booking form, subscribing to mailing lists, entering competitions, and when contacting us both on- and off-line may include:
- Name, address, contact information including phone numbers and email
- Subscription and demographic information such as preferences, interests, age and family information.
- Information relating to quoting or booking a travel service, including information regarding family and travel companion(s) such as names, emergency contacts and special service needs, such as any disability or medical or dietary restrictions (which may disclose your religious beliefs), passport information, dates of birth, insurance information, visa information, nationality and country of residence.
- We do not store financially sensitive information such as credit card numbers, bank details or security numbers.
What do we do with the information gathererd?
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service for the following reasons:
- Internal record keeping, auditing and regulation purposes.
- We may use the information to improve our products and services.
- We may periodically send promotional emails about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided.
- We may contact you by email, phone or mail unless requested otherwise.
Who elase may see your data?
To respond to your holiday request or booking we may need to disclose some of your information to our partners including travel companies such as hotels, airlines, ground handlers and car hire companies.
We will only pass on information that is required to fulfil the booking or the enquiry.
Advanced Passenger Information (API) is required by many countries prior to arrival (or departure). API information includes personal identity information such as name, date of birth, passport details, visa information, nationality, transit and destination data. Airlines and transport companies are required to transmit this information by law and data entry is requested at the time of ticket issue. To comply with these regulations Footprint Holidays passes the relevant information to the transport companies who transmit the information to the relevant authorities.
Controlling your personal information
We will not pass on your personal information to any third party unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so.
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- You may unsubscribe using the links on our marketing emails or you may contact us to unsubscribe from any or all marketing activity by emailing us at DPO@footprint-holidays.com.
- You may request to see details of any personal information which we hold about you by contacting our Data Protection Officer at the same email address.
- You may request that we update of any personal information which we hold about you by contacting our Data Protection Officer at the same email address.
Alternatively, you may write to: Footprint Holidays Limited, Data Protection Officer, 53 Queens Road, Weybridge, Surrey GB-KT13 9UQ
Please allow 7 working days for your request to be processed. There is no charge for providing the above service.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over any other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting third party sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
To start planning your holiday call us on 01932 837 633 or email firstname.lastname@example.org